We want to thank you for building great apps for the Google Assistant! To support your efforts and celebrate your accomplishments, we put together an ever-improving program with benefits and incentives that are tied to specific milestones.
Publishing your first app
Making your first app for the Google Assistant available to users is definitely something worth throwing a party for, and to kick off the celebrations we’ll invite you to join our growing Google Assistant developer community:
- To welcome you to our developer community, we’ll send you an exclusive Google Assistant t-shirt. Make sure to wear it when you meet our team at events around the world.
- To support your efforts, we’ll also credit the account associated with your app with up to $200 of Google Cloud services a month (applicable to any Firebase plan)- for a full year!
Don’t know what to build yet? See apps other folks have built in our directory. You can also use our templateswhich can help you have an app ready in a matter of hours. Check out our docs and log on to the Actions Console to start building your app.
Crossing some important milestones
Launching your first app to users is half the battle. Our community program is here to support those of you who put the extra effort to build high-quality apps that are starting to get traction from users globally. We encourage you to reach the following milestones with your app:
Getting initial traction
For every developer, friends and family are the first users of their app. To reach this milestone, however, you need to get noticed by users outside this intimate group – or just have an incredibly large social circle.
Keeping users engaged
Getting users to try your app is great; getting them to come back again and again is even better. If you build a quality experience that users can’t have enough of, we want to add to your efforts to improve and grow your app.
Taking your app global
As Actions on Google launches internationally, we’d like Google Assistant users to enjoy all the great quality apps in their native language. If you make your app available in two languages (one of which should be a non-English variant) and a minimum amount of users engage with it in both languages, we’ll help you pursue global fame and glory.
If at least one of your apps reaches one of these three milestones:
- You’ll receive an invitation to join our community program’s Google Group. There, we’ll send group member-only invites to meet and talk with Google’s experts either through Hangouts or small intimate events around the world.
- We’ll also ship you a Google Home to make it easier for you to test and use your apps.
And for every one of your apps that reaches at least one of these three milestones, you will unlock some additional perks and support elements:
- For the next year, reviews for your app will be accelerated and you’ll have a one-time opportunity—should you want to—to ask and receive custom, detailed feedback on how you can continue to improve your app.
- Your app will be shared with our global marketing team, to be considered for relevant promotional opportunities.
This is just the first version of our program. We have a few more things in the works. Make sure to sign up for our developer newsletter where we will be updating all of you on new perks and treats. If any of this is unclear – please read our FAQs and Terms and Conditions. If you’re a Googler and you want to participate, please read the Terms and Conditions for Googlers.